NZAPA core value is to advocate for Amyloidosis disease treatment, education of the disease and support for patients and carers through the impact of the disease. To ensure that we stay to this mandate, NZAPA will partner with corporations, foundations and/or community groups (our “corporate partners”) on the design, development and/or implementation of special events, programs, research studies and educational initiatives.
In order to avoid conflicts of interest or the appearance thereof, NZAPA adheres to the following policy to guide and clearly define our organisational relationships:
- Funding from our corporate partners (grants, sponsorships or fee-for-service contracts) supports programs, research studies, educational initiatives and advocacy activities. While we welcome input from our corporate partners, NZAPA maintains total independence and has ultimate authority over program design, development, content, speaker selection and/or policy positions.
- Any selected or recommended speakers will be required to disclose any relationship with corporate partners.
- NZAPA does not endorse any medical product, treatment protocol or medical service, nor does it provide treatment advice to patients.
- NZAPA does not link from its website to any product-specific websites.
- Every effort will be made to ensure that all information presented in written or online materials and that programs will be presented in a fair and balanced manner.
- Any corporate partner wishing to use NZAPA name, insignia, logotype or to reference NZAPA or any NZAPA project in any public relations, marketing or promotional materials or activities, must first seek the prior review and written approval from Amyloidosis New Zealand Trust.
- NZAPA will not, under any circumstances, accept contributions from corporations contingent upon any public policy position and/or public policy activity. NZAPA maintains total independence and ultimate authority over its policy-making activities without regard to any corporate partnership.
- NZAPA reserves the right to sever any corporate partnership with, and return contributions from, any entity that participates in public policy activities that NZAPA finds offensive or that are in significant conflict with NZAPA’s activities and/or positions.
- NZAPA reserves the right to approve the participation of third parties that may be recommended by its corporate partners for involvement in any program, project or event.
- NZAPA does not enter into exclusive corporate partnerships in connection with any topic area or Amyloidosis type.
- NZAPA does not sell or otherwise provide its mailing list to any corporate partners.
- All materials, programs, and data developed, created, or collected by NZAPA are the sole property of NZAPA, must carry NZAPA copyright or trademark, and as such, cannot be changed, modified or duplicated without prior written permission from NZAPA.
NZAPA’s Board of Directors reserves the right to amend this policy at will and without prior notice. The granting of financial support to NZAPA signifies agreement with all terms of this policy.